Advanced Design & Engineering
Other than our AS9100D quality certification, competitive pricing and customer service, what sets Creative Composites apart from most other small manufacturing companies is our Advanced Design & Engineering capabilities.
We use the PTC Creo (formerly Pro/ENGINEER) family of CAD/CAM/CAE tools to seamlessly take a customer’s requirements from concept through final component, all in-house. What this means is the customer gets manufacturing insight during design, and engineering knowledge during manufacturing, at the shortest development times possible.
In house Engineering
We don’t have to wait for the availability of a separate company (or companies) to perform design & analysis, then get in line to have our project worked on at the prototype shop, sent to a test house for qualification, only to have the manufacturing facility unable to make the part because they were “out of the loop”. In which case, you have to start the whole process again.
We do it all. Right here.
Contact us to get started.
BASIC MATERIAL EVALUATION
- Void content
- Fiber volume fraction
- Microscopic analysis
IN-HOUSE CLASSICAL LAMINATION THEORY CODE
- Ply stresses & strains
- Ply failure modes
- Volume fraction
- Hybrid reinforcements
FINITE ELEMENT ANALYSIS
CREO® ADVANCED SIMULATE
- Solve nonlinear large displacement, pre-stress, dynamic, and transient thermal analyses
- Simulate advanced materials behaviors such as hyper-elasticity, anisotropic, orthotropic, and composite laminates
- Support for advanced modeling entities such as mass/spring idealizations, pre-loaded bolts, and friction on assembly contact points
- Leverage the familiar interface, workflows, and user concepts found in the core design areas of PTC Creo Parametric
- Reduce product performance uncertainty by simulating complex systems accurately
- Linear, non-linear static, dynamic & transient analysis
- Model laminates ply-by-ply
- Bolted-bonded joint analysis & design
LINEAR STATIC STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS
- Static Structural Analysis with Small Displacement Contact
- Modal Structural Analysis
- Linear Buckling Structural Analysis
- Linear Steady State Thermal Analysis
- FEM mode: Use of NASTRAN solver, Linear Static Structural Analysis, Modal Structural Analysis
- FEM mode: Use of ANSYS solver, Linear Static Structural Analysis, Modal Structural Analysis, Linear Steady State Thermal Analysis